Aerospace + Defense
The Aerospace & Defense industry involves organizations that focus on aerospace product and parts manufacturing, space research and technology and national security & international affairs. Strong political support, a highly educated workforce, unique training infrastructure and the presence of many networking and support programs make the Santa Clarita Valley an attractive location. Below is a short list of aerospace and defense companies that call the SCV home!
|Aerospace Dynamics International (ADI)||600 SCV Employees (est)
||700 SCV Employees (est)
|B&B Manufacturing Company||180 SCV Employees (est)
|Wesco Aircraft||460 SCV Employees (est)
|ITT Aerospace Controls
||530 SCV Employees (est)
Our market access, advanced workforce, unmatched quality of life and presence of local, high growth firms will likely propel future growth in this industry. Also, the community's proximity to the Port of Los Angeles and its access to rail, interstates and other highways allow it to offer strong access to supply and distribution channels. Here a just a few reasons why many aerospace and defense companies have chosen the Santa Clarita Valley as their home.
- Customized workforce training: Aerospace & Defense
- Ideally placed between City of Palmdale, Edwards AFB, and centers of military research
- Highly educated labor force (54% of residents have at least a 4-year degree)
- Access to rail/highway infrastructure (Interstate-5 expansion)
- Access to Port of Long Beach & LA and SCV and foreign trade zone
- 20 Million sq. ft. of industrial and commercial property in use
- 2.0 Million sq. ft. of state-of-the-art property under construction in 2015
- No gross receipts tax, no business license fee, no utility user tax, no payroll tax
- Use tax rebate program available in the City of Santa Clarita
Each cluster is supported by an Industry Coalition, which is a strong network of SCV businesses that meet quarterly.