Digital Media + Entertainment
With over 20 sound stages and several movie ranches, the Santa Clarita Valley is quickly becoming "Hollywood North". Supported by one of the premier academic institutions for the arts, California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) – SCV firms provide a wide array of development-related services, producing everything from online video games to full-length films. Below is a short list of digital media and entertainment companies that call the SCV home!
Increasingly, the creative media industry is becoming more dependent on the availability of skilled labor, especially young creative professionals. These creative professionals, and similarly many entrepreneurial ventures within the industry, tend to seek out communities that are viewed as being supportive environments of high creativity. Here a just a few reasons why many digital media and entertainment companies have chosen the Santa Clarita Valley as their home.
- Customized workforce training: Digital Media & Entertainment
- Ideally placed within the 30-mile zone of Los Angeles
- Significant production presence with largest outdoor studio in LA
- Access to capital with distinct familiarity of film and television production
- Highly educated labor force (54% of residents have at least a 4-year degree)
- PGA champion tour golf course, theme parks, historical sites, and a world-class aquatic center
- Outdoor recreation areas, acres of parkland, and miles of paseos and trails
- No gross receipts tax, no business license fee, no utility user tax, no payroll tax
- Use tax rebate program available in the City of Santa Clarita
Each cluster is supported by an Industry Coalition, which is a strong network of SCV businesses that meet quarterly.