The Santa Clarita Valley has a strong and growing presence of businesses engaged in the research, development and production of medical devices. Our advanced workforce, high quality of life and strong training infrastructure are just a few of factors that make the SCV a productive location for firms. Below is a short list of medical device and Biotech companies that call the SCV home!
|Advanced Bionics||700 SCV Employees (est)
|Boston Scientific||800 SCV Employees (est)
||190 SCV Employees (est)
|Quest Diagnostics||850 SCV Employees (est)
|Alfred Mann Foundation||75 SCV Employees (est)|
Santa Clarita Valley's strong private sector presence in medical devices, especially the abundance of researchers and other skilled professionals, is an incredible asset for the area. These skilled professionals, and similarly many entrepreneurial ventures within the industry, tend to seek out communities that are viewed as being supportive environments of high creativity. Here a just a few reasons why many medical device companies have chosen the Santa Clarita Valley as their home.
- Custom workforce training: Medical Devices & BioTech
- Home to the Mann Biomedical Park (167 acres) including 21 buildings and growing!
- Private sector wet-lab space and research facilities available
- Access to Los Angeles International and Bob Hope (Burbank)
- Highly educated labor force (54% of residents have at least a 4-year degree)
- 20 million sq. ft. of industrial and commerical property in use
- 2.0 million sq. ft. of state-of-the-art property under construction in 2015
- No gross receipts tax, no business license fee, no utility user tax, no payroll tax
- Use tax rebate program available in the City of Santa Clarita
Each cluster is supported by an Industry Coalition, which is a strong network of SCV businesses that meet quarterly.