SCVEDC is managing the following two industry coalitions active in the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Aerospace & Defense Coalition
The Aerospace & Defense Coalition (ADC) is made up of over 80 SCV aerospace and defense companies that meet quarterly in the SCV. To support the ADC, the SCVEDC pursues the following services:
- Industry Promotion: Promote awareness of the SCV as a center for aerospace industries. Assist ADC in achieving its mission of supporting local businesses by collaboration among ADC companies
- Quarterly Industry Events: Invite well-known speakers in different subject matters to speak and interact with ADC members
- Business Attraction & Outreach Campaigns: Attract companies in the Aerospace and Defense cluster and promote SCV's strength in this area through integrated marketing campaign
- Annual Guide to Workforce Training: College of the Canyons’ Economic Development Division customized recruitment and technical employee training guide, including potential use of Employment Training Panel funds to significantly reduced training program costs
- Info & Data: Provide economic data, real estate updates, and industry news through regular communications. Provide cost comparison analyses upon request
The Bioscience & Medical Devices Coalition
The Santa Clarita Valley enjoys a reputation as a national leader in the discovery and engineering of life-saving advancements in the medical device field.
In 2014, Los Angeles County launched a new bioscience initiative with the goal of fully exploiting the growth potential of this key economic driver. Santa Clarita Valley EDC is one of the supporting organizations in LAEDC’s effort in devising a comprehensive action plan, and we see great potential in promoting the Southern California Innovation Park as an integral part of the overall Los Angeles Country Bioscience cluster.
The key areas of focus for the Coalition include:
- Building Awareness: Promote awareness of the SCV as a thriving bioscience and medical device center and Mann Biomedical Park as a prime business park for future biomedical companies
- Integration into LA County Plan:: Continue to work with the LA County Bioscience Working Group to have SCV recognized as one of its many bio-hubs
- Industry Promotion: exhibit or attend key industry events including SoCal Bio and MDM, and engage state-level organizations such as Biomedical Manufacturing Network
- Talent Attraction: use comparison data to show benefits of working in SCV relative to other locations in Southern California
- Resource Sharing: sharing pooled assets as well as best practices among member companies
- Business Attraction: working with SCVEDC on target companies to attract into SCV