Businesses Expanding in SCV
We are pleased to announce that a local company is expanding its footprint in the Santa Clarita Valley to accommodate business growth and another is relocating a division of its company from Sylmar.
Accurate Freight Systems, a local, regional and national transportation company is expanding from its current SCV location and has leased about 50,000 square feet in the new IAC Commerce Center. This property will eventually bring more than 1 million square feet of industrial space to the local market. This is the first building to lease within the park and Accurate Freight Systems will be bringing it's 80 employees to the new facility soon.
A.S. Aerospace has leased nearly 21,000 square feet of industrial space on Centre Point Parkway in Santa Clarita. A division of Sylmar's M.S. Aerospace, this fast-growing advanced manufacturing company is a great addition to the strong aerospace cluster in the Santa Clarita Valley.
These announcements are great news for the Santa Clarita Valley, where numerous industrial developments are currently under construction. More and more companies are realizing that the region is a great location for business. The Santa Clarita Valley has more space for businesses to grow than locations in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles Basin. There are nearly 30M SF of state-of-the-art industrial and commercial facilities in the SCV and another 8M SF of future land development is approved. Current and future commercial developments include:
- IAC Commerce Center located adjacent to the Valencia Commerce Center includes gross leasable area (GLA) of 1.3M SF with occupancy in its first phase beginning now
- Gateway V part of the Valencia Commerce Center includes GLA of 625,000 SF, available for immediate occupancy
- Southern California Innovation Park (SCIP) (Formerly Mann Biomedical Park) has existing GLA of 612,075 SF and is entitled for additional expansion of 900,000 SF! This development is ideally suited for companies in bioscience, medical device and high-tech industries
- Needham Ranch will include 4M SF over 145 acres (net), with Phase 1 building occupancy expected in Q4 2018
- Vista Canyon a mixed-use development of 1M SF will include 1,100 residential units, 650,000 SF of office space, 165,000 SF of commercial/retail development, 200 hotel rooms, a metro link and a bus transit facility. Occupancy of Vista Canyon is expected in Q2/Q3 of 2018.
Contact the SCVEDC – if you’re looking to relocate, expand or get started, our business services team provides consultation and assessment that is professional, unbiased and confidential, giving you a one-stop resource center to support you through your relocation or expansion journey to the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corporation (SCVEDC) is a unique private / public partnership representing the united effort of regional industry and government leaders. The SCVEDC utilizes an integrated approach to attracting, retaining and expanding a diversity of businesses in the Santa Clarita Valley, especially those in key industry clusters, by offering competitive business services and other resources.